Terms and Conditions of Use
Last updated October 27, 2020
Acceptance of Terms
Use of the Site
Unless otherwise specified, the Site is for your personal and noncommercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from the Site.
You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, electronically copy, download, and print hard copy portions of the material from the Site solely for your own personal noncommercial use, or to place an order with us, subject to your keeping intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Any other use of materials on this Site without our prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
In connection with your access to, and use of, the Site, you agree not to: (a) violate any applicable international, federal, state, or local law or regulation; (b) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, defamatory, misleading, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material (including material that is harmful to children or violates third party privacy rights); (c) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses or other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (d) sell or otherwise distribute any data obtained from any SB ARCHITECTS database; (e) use any automated means (including, but not limited to, electronic spiders, robots, or crawlers) to download data from any of SB ARCHITECTS’s databases; (f) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Site; (g) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or its related systems or networks, or (h) copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, or distribute any of the content, products, drawings, illustrations, logos, photographs, or images from the Site for any commercial use or purpose other than for general reference and information.
You acknowledge that transmissions to and from the Site are not confidential and your Submissions may be read or intercepted by others.
SB ARCHITECTS makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the Site or the content contained on or accessible through the Site. The images, statements, documents, and graphics contained in this Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. SB ARCHITECTS assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of the Site and makes no commitment to update such content.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for issues relating to the use of, or the content on or accessible through the Site shall be to discontinue accessing the Site and using the content so obtained. You and SB ARCHITECTS agree that SB ARCHITECTS shall not be liable for any damages relating to your use of, or reliance upon, the Site or any of its content.
SB ARCHITECTS does not filter advertisements or other content that children may view through our Site or links to other web sites, and they could receive content and materials from the Internet and/or advertisements that are inappropriate for children.
Your use of this site is at your own risk. The site and all the materials, information, software, facilities, services, and other content in the site are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, SB ARCHITECTS disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. SB ARCHITECTS does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be available, uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. SB ARCHITECTS does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the material, information, software, facilities, services, or other content in the site or any sites linked to the site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. SB ARCHITECTS makes no warranties that your use of the materials, information, software, facilities, services, or other content in the site will not infringe the rights of others and SB ARCHITECTS assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in such materials, information, software, facilities, services, or other content of the site.
Links to Other Sites
While on the Site, you may be referred to websites other than our Site. A link from the Site to such a third-party website does not imply endorsement of that website nor any ability to control that website’s privacy practices. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. SB ARCHITECTS has not reviewed and does not endorse any third-party website, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that SB ARCHITECTS shall not be responsible for the content, products, or services offered on or through such websites. Be aware that third-party websites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. You are responsible for compliance with all laws regarding material obtained from any third-party websites.
Limitation of Liability
SB ARCHITECTS does not accept any liability for any loss or damage (direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or otherwise) resulting from any use of, or inability to use, the site or the materials, information, products, or services available on the site, regardless of the basis upon which liability is claimed and even if SB ARCHITECTS has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy.
Trademarks and Copyrights
This Site and all materials incorporated by SB ARCHITECTS on this Site are protected by copyrights, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. Some of the characters, logos, or other images incorporated by SB ARCHITECTS on this Site are also protected as registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, and/or service marks owned by us or others. By making our copyrighted and trademarked materials available on the Site, we are not granting you a license to use them in any fashion, and you may not use any of these trademarks, copyrights, or service marks without the prior written consent of SB ARCHITECTS.
SB ARCHITECTS makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited.
Claims of Infringement
If you believe that any content appearing on this Site infringes your copyright rights, SB ARCHITECTS wants to know. Please forward the following information in writing to the Copyright Agent at the address listed below.
your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
the exact URL or a description of each place where the alleged infringing material is located (NOTE: You must provide the exact URL of the content at issue. Failure to do so may result in your request being delayed or rejected);
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use has not been authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf; and
- a statement by you made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
SB ARCHITECTS, LLC.
415 Jackson Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94111
Copyright © 2020 SB ARCHITECTS LLC. All rights reserved.
Last updated October 27, 2020
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.sb-architects.com (the “Site”). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this Site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
This policy document does not replace or supersede the content of our formal policy below but rather offers a general overview as a reference and for additional clarification.
- If you are a client or a prospective client, we may request personal and other types of data from you for the purpose of doing business with you and providing our services to you. In the language of GDPR, we hold this data under the label “legitimate interests.”
- If we might share business interests with you, we may keep your details with your permission so that we can contact you about our services, our company, or our people. You can ask us to stop at any time. In the language of GDPR, we hold this data under the label “consent.”
- If you have expressed interest in being an SB ARCHITECTS employee, Human Resources will keep, process, and share your profile data with hiring managers so we can match your skills and credentials to opportunities within our organization. We interpret this expressed interest as your implicit consent for us to use the data for this purpose. In the language of GDPR, we hold this data under the label “legitimate interests.”
- We will use all reasonable processes, systems, and good practices available to us to protect your data from unauthorized persons. We will never share your personal data with third parties without your expressed consent, and SB ARCHITECTS does not and will not sell your personal information.
- GDPR gives you several rights around your data, including the right to know the data we hold, and, subject to some limits, the right to ask for your data to be deleted. See below for more detail.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will hold your data for no more than two (2) years after we last hear from you. This duration may change for legal or auditing purposes.
- We use ‘cookies’ on our website to understand how visitors use the site. Although it is possible to link analytical data with individual Internet Service Providers (“ISP’s”), we do not do this in practice.
- If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about this policy or how we store, process, and use data, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Site – personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing, and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you but may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Site, and the internet.
There are several circumstances in which you may voluntarily supply us with your personal information. The following list contains the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- Registration for an account on the “Site”
- Sign up to receive email newsletters or other information from us
- Requests for customer service or other assistance
- Participation in surveys, special events, and promotions
- Any other place on the Site where you knowingly volunteer personal information
When you interact with the Site, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps, and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. We may use these technologies to also collect and store information about your usage of the Site, such as the content of your shopping cart, pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run, and advertisements you have seen.
We may work with third-party advertising companies who may also utilize flash or enhanced cookies or web beacons to better provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. As a result, we may also deliver a file to you through the Site (known as a “web beacon”) from an advertising network partner. Web beacons allow advertising networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. These beacons may, for example, log that you have viewed a certain product on our Site, and then show you an ad for similar products when you browse to another website. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Site.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents (referred to as “Consumers”) with certain rights discussed below. Consumers may contact SB ARCHITECTS regarding any of these rights by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by mail to SB ARCHITECTS at 415 Jackson Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94111, Attention: Legal.
Consumers exercising their rights will be required to complete a questionnaire and submit proof of identity and residency in California. Verification of identity will require, at a minimum, two (2) forms of government-issued identification (such as a passport and driver’s license) and (1) form of proof of residency (such as a utility bill) showing residency in California at the time the request is made. SB Architect may request additional information it deems necessary or desirable to verify the identity of a person making a request under the CCPA for specific personal information. All information requested during the verification process shall be used solely for verification of identity and residency.
SB ARCHITECTS does not sell personal information as defined under the CCPA.
Consumers have the right to:
- Request to Know. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information and the categories of personal information we hold about you by contacting us as directed above.
- Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information by contacting us as directed above.
- You have the right to receive SB ARCHITECTS’ products and services on equal terms regardless of whether you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Email and Other Communications
We may contact you, by email or other means. For example, we may send you promotional offers or a newsletter. If you do not want to receive emails from us, please let us know through the “unsubscribe” feature included in our communications.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Fulfill the services you request from us
- Post your user-generated content to our Site as you request
- Communicate with you about your transactions with us and send you information about features on our Site
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site
- Send you newsletters, offers, and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or other media
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising based on your activity on our Site
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- Detect, investigate, or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site and their purchasing patterns
Disclosure of Information
We do not and will not sell your personal information to any third party outside of SB ARCHITECTS and will only share personal information as provided below and within our company.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Site; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) protect and defend our rights or property, the Site, or our users; and (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Site or the public.
Merger or Sale
If we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of our assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, SB ARCHITECTS may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction. You will be informed prior to any information being shared and have the option to not share your information with a new entity.
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personal information. We use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information collected through the Site from access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Children’s Online Privacy
SB ARCHITECTS respects the privacy of children and we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). This Site does not knowingly collect, solicit, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided personal information to us without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately.
We remind and encourage all parents to check and monitor their children’s online activities. Parents have the right to review and have deleted any personal information we may have inadvertently collected from their children and refuse to permit further collection of that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
SB ARCHITECTS is also committed to protecting the online privacy rights of minors under the age of 18. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, you may request the removal of any user content or information posted by you on our Site by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify clearly what information you have posted that you would like us to remove. We will comply with your request as soon as practicable. Please note, however, that our removal of any content or information posted by you from our Site does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information from the internet, and in certain situations, we may not be able to remove the content, such as when we are required by law to maintain the content.
USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided to us, you may contact us directly at email@example.com. In your request, please specify clearly what information you would like to access, change, update, or suppress. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Links to or From Other Sites
Please note that the Site may link to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy policies, which may be different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites or applications.
How to Contact Us
Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling us at +1 415 673-8990 or
Writing us at:
415 Jackson Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94111
If you feel that this Site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above address or phone number.