Senior Project Manager
As a Senior Project Manager, you will support the Senior Designer/Architect in the design and development of project documents while leading the team on small to large-scale residential, mixed-use, and hospitality projects. Additional duties include mentoring staff and knowledge transfer of design principles, processes, building codes, and construction methods.
Potential candidates aspire to grow professionally into a leader and team player capable of establishing and maintaining relationships and contributing to business development and networking. The position demands balancing multiple projects while upholding and embodying the firm’s commitment to collaboration and inclusion. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills with an eye for design.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage internal teams, external consultants, general contractors, and clients.
- Manage client relationships and communication.
- Develop and oversee schedules, work plans, budgets, invoices, contracts, RFP’s, proposals, and additional service agreements (ASA).
- Deliver high-quality design work on time and budget.
- Contribute to planning and design refinement for complex projects.
- Contribute to ensuring projects will meet legal requirements by following building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and related ordinances, such as access for disabled persons.
- Provide project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Manage the coordination of drawings with other design disciplines.
- Understanding and experience with best practices in construction methods and documentation.
- Experience in all phases of project delivery from master planning through construction administration.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment.
- Collaborate with senior staff members and partners in charge based on project needs.
- Staff mentorship.
- Functional experience with Revit as a primary documentation tool preferred.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD is an asset.
- Knowledge of parametric or 3D modeling software is an asset (Dynamo, Grasshopper, Sketchup).
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Projects, and Outlook.
- Knowledge in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Knowledge in cloud-based applications including, Smartsheets, Building Connected is an asset.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A professional degree in Architecture (BArch/March).
- 15+ Years of professional experience.
- Architectural license (preferred) or is currently eligible to take the Architectural Registration Exam (ARE).
- LEED Accredited Professional is preferred.
- Previous work experience in high-end single-family and multi-family residential, mixed-use, and hospitality projects is preferred.
benefits and compensation:
- SB Architects offers full benefits for its staff, 401k matching, bi-annual bonuses, and competitive compensation.
- We work on a “9/80” work schedule with every other Friday off.
- Opportunities to join weekly workout and yoga classes hosted with “SB Fit”.
- Social outings including baseball games, picnics, and other team-building events throughout the year.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume and work samples to email@example.com, with the subject line: Senior Project Manager / SF / YourName.