As a Project Architect, you will lead projects from schematic design through construction administration by refining concepts, developing drawings, and working with team members on small to large scale residential, mixed-use and hospitality projects. You will be mentoring junior staff and engaging in further knowledge transfer of design principles, processes, building codes, and methods of construction.
Potential candidates must have strong technical skills with an eye towards design, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to support projects working both individually and in teams.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work independently to manage the full range of architectural services on medium to large scale projects.
- Ensures projects will meet legal requirements by following building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and related ordinances, such as access for disabled persons.
- Provides project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Contribute to the planning and concept refinement for complex projects.
- Oversee design work of junior staff to ensure integration and cohesion within the design team.
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior staff.
- Present design solutions to client representatives and/or design review committees.
- Manage the coordination of drawings with other design disciplines.
- Find technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while preserving design intent.
- Prepare, develop, edit and coordinate specifications with drawings to meeting project requirements.
- Evaluate, select and/or approve materials and products.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment.
- Collaborate with senior staff members and partners in charge based on project needs.
- Expertise with CAD/BIM documentation software (AutoCAD and Revit).
- Advanced knowledge of BIM or Parametric Design is an asset (Revit, Dynamo, and Grasshopper).
- Strong 3D Modeling skills (SketchUp, Rhino, and Revit).
- Proficiency in rendering software an asset (Enscape, Vray, Lumion, and 3D Studio Max).
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Projects, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Proven record of managing projects during construction, construction administration, and coordination with contractors.
- Ability to lead the coordination of architectural drawings for complex projects across multiple consultant teams.
- Ability to resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- A professional degree in Architecture (BArch/March).
- 10+ Years of professional experience.
- Architectural license (preferred) or is currently eligible to take the Architectural Registration Exam (ARE).
- LEED Accredited Professional is preferred.
- Previous work experience in high-end residential, mixed-use, and hospitality projects is preferred.
benefits and compensation:
- SB Architects offers full benefits for its staff, 401k matching, bi-annual bonuses, and competitive compensation.
- We work on a “9/80” work schedule with every other Friday off.
- Opportunities to join weekly workout and yoga classes hosted with “SB Fit”.
- Social outings including baseball games, picnics, and other team-building events throughout the year.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Project Architect / SF / YourName.